Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Shifting gears (without a clutch)

Well, this post serves as more of a notification than anything else, I suppose.
Every now and again life likes to throw a few hot potatoes at you. At which point you have to make a decision... catch the potatoes- painfully and frantically juggling them until you make the next logical decision, or take a few steps back and let the potatoes hit the ground (or some other passer-by)
It's not the best analogy, I know. But, it does sum up my current situation in a way.
It's my turn, once again, to have those piping hot plant tubers chucked in my direction. And rather than attempt to juggle these projectiles in a clumsy and uncomfortable manner- I have chosen to take a few steps back.
Thus, I am ending my journey here in Taiwan (at least for now). I have about three months left here, in which I hope to complete my experiences with a bang. So, stay tuned for what may be the last installments in this journal of my Asiatic ineptitude.
With any hope, I will be better equipped to deal with the next arsenal of potatoes that might accompany the next adventure. (Or learn to invest in oven mitts)

The countdown begins- 3 months and 4 days remaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment