Thursday, November 1, 2007

Post Hollow-weenie update

Its Thursday... or so I have been told.

yesterday was Halloween... in other words Mardi Gras if you live in Hawaii.

Today at work I had two separate Euro-clismic encounters that made me laugh. The first man, I am guessing was from Spain came up to the counter and asked for 'a single american'. I just sort of looked around and told him to have his pick, "there are at least 3 of us behind the counter. "
He didnt get it. So I made him a single shot americano.
European experience number two occurred when taking a lunch order, we like to write the name of the person on their ticket to expedite the delivery process. When I asked what his name was he muttered something that sounded like 'doo doo'. Finding this sort of thing funny, I just grinned and asked him to spell it for me. To which he replied 'D-U-D-U... Dudu.' Upon writing the last 'U' I realised his name really WAS Doodoo and had one of those explosive laughs that comes out very suddenly but you try to hold it back because you didnt want the person to know you were laughing at their expense, resulting in mucous particles shooting forth from your nose. Yeah, it was a good one.

I also had a disturbing experience while walking home from work. I saw in the distance a cute little white kitty cat taking a nap under a small shrub. Of course that made me very happy because I get along great with stray animals. I tried not to be too noisy when I got close because I thought I might startle it awake and it would have reason to run away. But it just lay there sleeping soundly. So I tried coaxing it awake by complementing it on its lovely fur and asking those obligatory questions you ask stray animals- 'where are you from?' 'whats your name?' 'What line of work are you in?' But it wouldn't even budge. I thought to myself... 'Self- either this cat is very rude or something is wrong. You should poke it to wake it up'. And I did, only to find that it was very stiff and bloaty. OOps. Well that put a damper on my walk home. Not only was I sad that the cat I had been conversing with was actually dead. But I had to hold my index finger up in the air the rest of the way home to ensure it didnt make contact with any of the other fingers.
On the bright side... the cat was likely hit by a car which flung it to the side of the road where it landed under a shrub conveniently placed on the perimeter of a graveyard.
...... I guess that should have been my first clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment